When to sew, when to cease

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

2018 Ophelia Dress Costume Fabric

Swatch next to "motif" fabric

So one swatch arrived! It looks great next to the "motif" fabric, they are practically identical in color. Pardon the funny lighting in my photo, I have very poor light in my room and must make do as I am able.

Pros: Color match and pre-crinkled.

Cons: It's cotton, and rather costly per yard.

I will have to see what the next swatch is like, as it's a crinkle taffeta in teal and I think that light gloss taffeta has would match the shimmer in the "motif".

On a downside, the really lovely sequin teal chiffon I was admiring does not have a swatch option. Do I take the plunge and buy it hoping that it's a match? Or do I not? Decisions, decisions... It's a smaller quantity because it will only be used on the sleeves, but still...