When to sew, when to cease

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Greetings, wanderer!

Me, from like, a bajillion years ago. 

(actually only three)

“Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” - Mandy Hale

I have no idea who Mandy Hale is, but I feel like that quote has been my life for years now. Who am I? Not a clue. I like to sew, and have a regular 40hr a week job, and I am learning Swedish...which is relevant to nobody, and I have fabric stashes, and I love fantasy.

And no, I've never gated for the Renaissance Festival. But what a cool job that would be!

I HAVE been in the SCA, but not lately. I mean, not for two years, at least. And I really loved my wimple, miss you wimple, dear!

Mostly, I am a not quite young woman who loves costumes and is currently so stressed out that I cannot see the forest for all the trees. I have fabric goals, and dress goals, and want to develop some skills. But sometimes I get blue, and withdrawn, and lonely and I eat chocolate pudding (again, not relevant) and I stop sewing. Except face coverings. There has to be more to life than sewing those. So this journal journey is going to be my accountability to me, to follow through on what I want to sew, darn it!

Feel free to join me, or not, as I embark on this path that hopefully leads to some sanity, and beauty, and dare I say, fun?

No comments: